Applicants admitted onto the course will meet the following requirements:
- Be qualified as a Dental Surgeon and have a licence to practice dentistry
- Be registered with the General Dental Council (or equivalent)
- Be in professional practice or have a hospital appointment for a minimum of two years
- Be registered with a Defence Union - possessing indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease (Hepatitis B).
Months of entry
Our MSc Prosthodontics programme provides the busy General Dental Practitioner with a part-time educational route to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop your practice, provide an enhanced level of care for your patients and achieve greater professional satisfaction. This programme allows you to develop your clinical skills, deepen your understanding of the evidence underpinning modern prosthodontics and widen your knowledge. Many of our graduates have used the MSc programme as a launchpad towards academic involvement in research and education, or to further specialist training.
MSc programmes at UCLan differ from most other courses in that you will have direct patient contact across the diploma year of the course. In our modern on-campus Dental Clinic we provide the patients, facilities and support to enable you to practice what you have learned. This will allow you to practice techniques and develop your confidence under expert supervision.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892 400