Applicants admitted onto the course will meet the following requirements:
- Be qualified as a Dental Surgeon and have a licence to practice dentistry
- Be registered with the General Dental Council (or equivalent)
- Be in professional practice or have a hospital appointment while attending the course.
- Be registered with a Defence Union - possessing indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease (Hepatitis B).
- Have sufficient competency in English language (IELTS Level 7 or equivalent). Competency may be demonstrated by qualification, accreditation of prior learning or separate University assessment.
Months of entry
This course has evolved from the successful three-year MSc Prosthodontics programme and has been re-designed in response to student feedback. Now run over two years and with much of the academic delivery online, this course enables the busy dental practitioner to not only study much of the course material from home, but also provides the opportunity to treat patients under the direct clinical supervision of experienced consultants and specialists. As part of the changes, we have added four days of supervised clinical training, and moved much of the academic teaching to a modern, online delivery model.
This programme is delivered by experienced clinicians and educators. Successful completion of this two-year programme leads to the award of an MSc Prosthodontics from the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), a UK University well known as a provider of high quality clinical training and education.Our MSc Prosthodontics programme provides the busy General Dental Practitioner with a part-time educational route to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop your practice, provide an enhanced level of care for your patients and achieve greater professional satisfaction. This programme allows you to develop your clinical skills, deepen your understanding of the evidence underpinning modern prosthodontics and widen your knowledge. Many of our graduates have used the MSc programme as a launchpad towards academic involvement in research and education, or to further specialist training.
MSc programmes at UCLan differ from most other courses in that you will have direct patient contact across the diploma year of the course. In our modern on-campus Dental Clinic we provide the patients, facilities and support to enable you to practice what you have learned. This will allow you to practice techniques and develop your confidence under expert supervision.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892 400