- Have a current professional registration with a relevant professional/statutory body, such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Health Professions Council, Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
- Have, normally, at least five years post registration clinical experience in practice OR proof of equivalent experience in practice.
- Be working in, or able to access a practice environment that will enable them to meet and achieve the course learning outcomes.
- Have identified a work based mentor, who will support and guide your development throughout the course.
- Provide two references (one practice/work and one academic).
Months of entry
This course offers an exciting opportunity for health care practitioners to develop and enhance their practice. The course specifically aims to prepare practitioners to function at an advanced level of practice and directly influence the care of individuals through leadership and change management strategies.
The course has been developed in partnership with the local health authority and has a key focus on advanced work based practice. Students will be supported throughout the course by the highly experienced course team and will have access to state of the art facilities including e-learning packages and skills laboratories. Practitioners completing this course will be able to function at an advanced level of practice within relevant professional and organisational frameworks.
The course consists of core and optional modules aimed at facilitating advanced practice as well as developing practitioners to their full potential. Students will study the importance of work based practice culminating in a personal advanced work based practice project undertaken in their specialist area. Important areas covered in the course include
- the consultation process
- safeguarding vulnerable individuals
- advanced assessment and diagnognostic skills
- end of life care
- emergency care services
- advanced stroke practice
- managing the mental health needs of individuals
- managing cardiac illness
- concepts of public health
- enhanced cognitive behavioural interventions
- solution focused interventions as well as modules covering social policy
- and research/evidence based practice.
Students are required to complete and successfully pass nine modules in order to achieve this award.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Post-registration Recruitment
- +44 (0) 1772 893 836