- An Honours first degree (normally 2.1 or above) in a relevant subject from an approved HEI;
- GCSE grade ‘C’ or equivalent in Mathematics;
- International English Language Testing System grade 7 or above with no sub-score lower than 6.5 (if applicable).
Desirable characteristics include the ability to:
- Demonstrate engagement with research;
- Demonstrate commitment to using research evidence to improve clinical practice;
- Articulate the anticipated benefit to their future career from completing this Masters programme.
Applicants will be considered on a case by case basis and will be interviewed by a panel including senior researchers, senior clinicians, NHS Managers and Patient, Public and Carer representatives to determine their suitability for the course and (if applicable) NIHR CLAHRC NWC funding.
Months of entry
Our MSc Clinical Research course is the only MClinRes available in the UK North West Coast and the only campus-based programme in the North West of England. Designed to equip health and social care practitioners with the skills to design and lead high quality clinical research, you’ll be taught by a team of internationally renowned researchers with over 15 years’ experience of successful delivery of Masters in Research programmes. Join a vibrant community of clinicians at different stages on the NIHR funded clinical academic pathway - interns, doctoral and postdoctoral students and career development fellows. Including clinical research experience, you’ll experience supported development and implementation of a strategy for developing an application for an NIHR Doctoral Training Fellowship.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400