Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should hold at least 2:1 degree in related subject such as business.
Months of entry
If you aspire to communicate effectively across cultures, want to enhance your skills in intercultural business, and would jump at the chance of a work experience placement as part of your studies, our MA in Intercultural Business Communication is the course for you.
Whether you’re pursuing a career relating to international business, you’re a cultural specialist in your own profession, or you wish to become more successful in communication, this course guides you through the theories and practice of communication, culture, discourse, society - and their applications in business management interactions.
Acquire a skillset that can be used in every industry and develop your interest in the influence of culture on the work environment. You’ll benefit from an extended work placement, multi-disciplinary pathways, research training, and a deep dive into intercultural and communication theories applied to work-related, international business contexts.
Why study with us
- Our research-active teaching staff bring research of international standing into your classroom sessions and tutorials. More importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to help to develop that research.
- We are involved in many exciting projects and work with partner institutions around the world to offer you visits, internships and placement opportunities.
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have the opportunity to take on an employability or enterprise project in Year 1 (Years 1-4, part-time) and to complete a UK-based or overseas professional placement in Year 2 (Year 5, part-time).
What you'll do
- Join the thriving multinational team of support staff, lecturers, language assistants, researchers and in excess of 1,000 students from approximately 30 countries in the School and gain a truly global perspective on life.
- Benefit from the expertise and interests of staff in our School who are recognised as Fellows in the national Higher Education Academy. We have national and institutional award winners for work with student support and curriculum development.
- There are a lot of academic and social activities organised by the School, which will help you to develop an intercultural perspective that will stand you in good stead for your future career.
Learning and assessment
A student-centred approach is emphasised in the teaching and learning process, with a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.
We use a variety of assessment methods including essays, reports, presentations, projects and examinations. Assessment criteria are always linked to the learning outcomes specified for each module.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Sandwich option available
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400