Students must hold one of the following:
- A 1st or 2nd class degree of a UK university or its equivalent in chemistry, pharmacy, biology forensic science or a related subject.
- A qualification or experience deemed to be equivalent to the above.
Those applicants seeking entry with appropriate experiences will be required to demonstrate the suitability of this experience both on application and at interview.
International students should have an English language qualification, IELTS at 6.5 (no individual mark lower than 6.0), TOEFL at 600 (paper) and 250 (CBE) with a TWE of 4.
Admission with Advanced Standing: students may be able to claim exemption from individual modules where they can demonstrate an appropriate level of prior qualification or experience. This will not normally be more than 30 credits. Applications for accreditation of prior learning, whether experiential or certified, will be considered on an individual basis and applicants should initially make arrangements to discuss their case with the Course Leader at the time of application.
Months of entry
MSc Industrial Pharmaceutics is designed for students wishing to pursue either a career in the pharmaceutical industry or an allied discipline. The course has been developed with the aim of giving graduates the necessary knowledge and practical skills to become valuable team members within the pharmaceutical industry, with particular emphasis on dosage form development and manufacture.
A research project occupies the whole of the third term in order to allow you to conduct a detailed investigation into a particular aspect of pharmaceutical formulation or another scientific research discipline on offer from the School. You will have the unique opportunity to undertake this project in India or you could remain at UCLan using the School's dedicated postgraduate research laboratories.
The course consist of the following modules:
- Research Methods Principles
- Drug development and Discovery
- Fundamentals of Formulation Drug Delivery and Biopharmaceutics
- Research Development.
- Nanomedicine and Biotechnology Products.
- Pharmaceutical Technology and Industrial Practice
- Research Project: housed in the dedicated postgraduate research laboratories. You will be conducting a project in an area related to the course material for a three month, full time period, using state of the art equipment.
Information for international students
See our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 1772 892 400