Entrants will normally possess an Upper Second Class Honours degree and a Masters degree along with a minimum of 5 years experience in a position of substantial responsibility. Candidates must also have access to an employment/practice setting.
Months of entry
The University of Chester Doctor of Professional Studies award (DProf) is designed to facilitate the generation of original knowledge in a professional and organisational context and confer a formal award on those who succeed in generating such knowledge. A DProf signifies the ability to make a fresh and meaningful contribution to practice based knowledge.
Why study this course?
- The programme is run by the Centre for Professional Development - one of the world's largest and longest established centres for flexible, distance work based learning.
- Study in part-time through a structured, progressive programme designed to enable students to shape their future career and generate significant, original knowledge in their field.
- There is the opportunity to integrate learning with the needs of the workplace.
- The programme also benefits the employer in developing valued employees and through the practical benefits of work based projects.
- All learning is fully accredited and underwritten by comprehensive Quality Assurance processes.
Distinctive Features of the Programme:
- The ability to utilise prior learning achievements whether previously certificated or experiential in the workplace
- Encouragement to review your whole career progression, achievements and to plan for the future
- Engagement with deep reflection on achievements in the light of enhanced personal self knowledge
- The development of expertise in areas of interest to you, colleagues and your organisation
- Personal tuition combined with extensive use of technology to bring learning materials to you whenever you want them
- A structured, progressive programme of study enabling you to complete each stage in turn
- Acquisition of advanced research skills together with their application in the workplace
The programme is divided into two stages with students commencing their studies at Master's level. On completion of this stage, successful students can exit with a Master's in Professional Studies.
Students who continue on to doctoral level study and successfully complete this stage of the programme will be awarded a Doctorate in Professional Studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate School
- +44 (0)1244 511 000
- +44 (0)1244 513 111