Applicants must hold an appropriate first degree, ideally with a 2:1 honours or better, or hold appropriate professional qualifications and be able to demonstrate suitable background knowledge and skills.
Months of entry
This programme is designed to give a comprehensive training in the research and analytical skills in cell and molecular biology. This MRes has been designed to enhance knowledge of recent advancements in cellular and molecular biology, as well as to develop subject-specific practical and analytical skills. In addition, you will gain experience of undertaking an extended period of research (6-7 months), which will aid your career progression as a molecular bio-scientist.
The programme will involve undertaking two core 20 credit taught modules, followed by an extended period of laboratory research, and submission of a Research report and review, 140 credits.
Our lecturers range from enthusiastic early career academics through to internationally acknowledged senior researchers. We are actively involved in undertaking innovative research projects using ‘cutting-edge’ approaches, within the field of molecular and cellular life sciences.
Listed are some current projects:
- Environmental toxicology
- Protection against the ageing
- Calcium signalling
- Biochemistry & pharmacology of intracellular Ca2+ transporters
- Stem cells
- Tissue regeneration
- Pathology of bone disease
- Progression of kidney and bladder cancers
- Novel drug delivery systems via nanoparticles and cell penetrating peptides
- Molecular basis of cancer development
- Novel approaches to cancer therapies
- Molecular immunology
- Development of analytical approaches to detect biomarkers of disease
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511 000