Minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a related subject area, or equivalent professional qualifications and relevant work experience.
Months of entry
Designed for those who wish to extend their knowledge, qualifications, skills and expertise in this important and highly topical area of study. This programme is run in association with the National Obesity Forum and is designed to provide advanced education and training opportunities for the wide range of professionals dealing with clients and patients for whom successful weight management is the key to improving their health.
Delivered in Dublin at the National College for Exercise and Health Studies, National Training Centre, St Joseph's Parade, Dublin7.
Five modules are delivered in Dublin, one in Chester.
- The Obesity Epidemic - Weight Management as a Public Health Issue (core module for all awards)
- Causes and Assessment of Overweight and Obesity (optional module)
- Dietary Approaches to Weight Management (core module)
- Exercise and Weight Management (core module)
- Childhood Obesity (optional module)
- Behaviour Modification in Weight Management (core module)
- Research Methods and Data Analysis (Core module for MSc students)
- Research Project (Core module for MSc students)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 01244 512456
- 01244 513111