To apply you need:
- an honours degree comprising at least 360 credits at 2:2 or above
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Science
- a Disclosure and Barring Service check
- to have passed Professional Skills tests in English and Mathematics
- to have a successful interview at the University demonstrating a reflective approach to working with young children.
Months of entry
Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) is a pathway to qualifying as a teacher of the 0-5 age range. This qualification is designed for highly qualified staff who will lead delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework in the early years sector. The University of Chester is an accredited provider and runs three routes to EYTS.
The Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester is both forward-looking, preparing trainee teachers and the wider children’s workforce for the 21st century, and yet equally proud of its history and tradition. The Postgraduate Certificate in Early Years Practice with Early Years Teacher Status is a new and exciting course which provides a bespoke experience that will build upon your extensive practice and allow you to make personal professional decisions in your continuing professional development.
We offer three training routes:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511 000