Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have relevant experience in state schools (minimum 10 days)
- have GCSE grade C in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy by June 2017
Apply online at: www.ucas.com/ucas-teacher-training.
Months of entry
Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher. We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
- Secondary Art and Design
- Secondary Biology
- Secondary Business Studies
- Secondary Chemistry
- Secondary Computer Science
- Secondary Design and Technology
- Secondary Drama
- Secondary English
- Secondary Geography
- Secondary History
- Secondary Mathematics
- Secondary Media Studies
- Secondary Modern Languages
- Secondary Music
- Secondary Physical Education
- Secondary Physics
- Secondary Religious Education
The University of Chester Partnership has a rich history of developing highly skilled, knowledgeable teachers, and has a high employability rate. Our Partnership has learning at its heart, combined with passion and enthusiasm for teaching and learning. We will provide you with the support you need to become a critically reflective evidence-based practitioner through a combination of academic challenge and school learning.
An unusual aspect of the Chester experience is the enrichment module, which will support you in developing your expertise and employability in different educational settings, e.g. nurseries, SEND schools, post-16 provision. Strong pastoral care is a key aspect of ensuring your success on this demanding but fulfilling course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PGCE Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511000