Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:2 degree (2:1 preferred) with a significant proportion of Biology plus the ability to demonstrate an enthusiasm for science and science education.
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
Apply online at UCAS.
Months of entry
The University of Chester offers PGCE Secondary Science enhanced with Biology leading to a Post Graduate Certificate in Education for the age range 11-16 with sixth form enhancement.
Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
Why Study Secondary Biology (including School Direct) with QTS with us?
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Education and Children's Services