Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
Apply online at: www.ucas.com/ucas-teacher-training
Months of entry
Share and develop your interest in sports through teaching Physical Education, and discover how through this engaging and practical course you could inspire others.
Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
Why study Secondary Physics PGCE with us?
The course is intended to produce reflective practitioners who teach the 11-18 age range. They will be:
- enthusiastic and confident in the classroom
- pedagogically skilful and adaptable
- specialists in the teaching of Physical Education
- able to see their subject in the context of the whole curriculum
- competent in a number of areas that cross secondary school curriculum boundaries
- able to work as part of a team.
The course is designed to ensure you are confident in all basic national curriculum requirements.
How will I be taught?
Professional and academic learning takes place within University and partnership settings in lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials.
School-based learning will move you from observation through group work to whole class teaching.
How will I be assessed?
- Professional and academic learning is assessed through assignments and directed activities.
- School-based learning is assessed holistically against the Teachers’ Standards.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Education and Children's Services