Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:2 degree (2:1 preferred)
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
Apply online at UCAS.
Months of entry
For the vast majority of the world’s population, religious beliefs and practices are a part of daily life. Our course aims to help you further develop and share your interests in religious beliefs within an educational environment, raising cultural awareness amongst young people.
Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
Why study Secondary Religious Education PGCE with us?
The Religious Education course has a strong emphasis on cultural awareness and trainees will work closely with other trainees at a number of points during the year to enhance this awareness. The University has strong links with the local Development Education Centre.
Religious Education trainees will gain experience in schools within the area, enriching their practice and subject knowledge, developing knowledge and understanding for their future careers.
The course is designed to ensure you are confident in all basic national curriculum requirements.
How will I be taught?
Professional and academic learning takes place within University and partnership settings in lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials.
School-based learning will move you from observation through group work to whole class teaching.
How will I be assessed?
- Professional and academic learning is assessed through assignments and directed activities.
- School-based learning is assessed holistically against the Teachers’ Standards.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Education and Children's Services