- Registration on the appropriate part of a professional register for the chosen pathway
- A minimum of two years’ post-registration experience*
- Normally successful completion of a degree (minimum of 2:1 honours) in nursing or a health-related field, or equivalent
- Support from sponsoring organisation/employer Evidence of practice in a closely related area of specialism
*Candidates who do not possess the full two years of experience in the specialist area may exceptionally be admitted to the course using the following criteria, both of which must be met:
- Support from sponsoring organisation/employer
- Evidence of practice in a closely related area of specialism
Months of entry
Our course puts a strong emphasis on the integration between theory and practice, with practice as the main focus and measure of the role and quality of the Advanced Practitioner. As well as the Advanced Practice - Mental Health pathway, we also offer a Clinical Practice pathway.
The MSc in Advanced Practice aims to facilitate the development of a range of multi-professional Advanced Practitioners. We aim to achieve this through the following:
- Enabling the use of higher-level critical, analytical and reflective skills within academic and practice environments.
- Helping you to understand the holistic nature of advanced practice and to gain comprehensive higher-level knowledge, expertise and the individual qualities necessary to work as an autonomous, competent practitioner within unpredictable professional environments.
- Enabling you to fulfil the dynamic nature of healthcare, and to influence the strategic planning and delivery of Government agendas.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511 000