Applicants will normally: possess a 2:1 or first class honours degree in a related subject, or a lower qualification supported by evidence of ability to study at Level 7 be health and social care professionals whose roles involve care and support for people affected by cancer.
Months of entry
January, September, May
This course has been specifically designed for nurses and allied health and social care professionals who work in primary, secondary and tertiary settings, and who provide direct care and support to people affected by cancer. This includes those who work in general hospitals or community settings as well as specialist cancer services.
The course has a practice-oriented focus, and supports health care professionals (HCPs) to deliver competent and evidence-based cancer care.
- To offer a coherent programme of study which supports HCPs in delivering holistic evidence-based cancer care for people with diverse needs in a range of settings
- To promote a critical understanding of the multidimensional impact of cancer and its treatments on those affected by the disease
- To promote a deep understanding and critical application of therapeutic approaches and skills in order to improve the experience of those affected by cancer, from pre-diagnosis through to remission and/or palliative care
- To promote critical application of the knowledge and skills required to analyse information and research-based findings that enhance clinical practice, in order to develop your skills and confidence and advance practice in cancer care
- To promote HCPs' awareness of the scope and boundaries of their own professional practice and to empower them to contribute to collaborative multiprofessional team (MPT) working
The course modules do not require students to have prior knowledge of cancer care, and are therefore suitable for HCPs who wish to develop their knowledge and expertise in this area.
Our modules are delivered at The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre by academic staff and a range of cancer health and social care professionals who are experts in their field. This is a unique aspect of the course which ensures that it is at the cutting edge of practice.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511 000