- You must be a registered practitioner with a minimum of 12 months’ post-registration experience in a critical care area.
- Evidence of study at degree level is required.
- You should be working within a critical care environment for a minimum of 18 hours per week with access to Level 3 patients during the duration of the course to undertake the competencies associated with the module assessment.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Critical Care incorporates the latest simulation techniques, which will enable you as a practitioner to link theory to practice.
Competence and knowledge for excellence in Critical Care practice is changing. The introduction of the National Standards and Competencies for Critical Care Education has underpinned this Postgraduate Certificate in Critical Care and has enabled students to access a course at the forefront of Critical Care education.
Why Study Critical Care with us?
The Postgraduate Certificate in Critical Care incorporates the latest simulation techniques, which will enable you as a practitioner to link theory to practice. By combining these techniques with rigorous academic theory and practice competencies, you will develop into a competent and effective nurse within the critical care environment.
During the course you will have access to our library and e-library, enabling you to access extensive online resources and support materials.
Completing this course and exiting with a formal certificate in Critical Care will be an exciting and valuable opportunity for students.
How will I be taught?
Teaching involves lectures, seminars, group work, e-learning activities, skills practice, peer observation and other methods, all encouraging you to demonstrate clinical competence and excellence in care provision.
There will be the opportunity for you to engage in networking, thereby enabling collaborative working and the sharing of best practice.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will consist of a written examination, oral examination, essay, and presentation, as well as completion of the National Standards and Competencies at Steps 2 and 3.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Admissions