This programme supports widening access and applications from interested practitioners are encouraged. Applicants must be: Health and social care professionals or practitioners whose role involves promoting quality services and interventions for people affected by cancer. Able to provide evidence of ability to study at level 7
Months of entry
It aims to offer a coherent programme of study directly relevant to the work environment of practitioners working in health and social care.
* Promote a deep understanding of issues which affect the quality of cancer care, and through this to enable health and social care practitioners to positively influence the health and wellbeing of those affected by cancer.
* Provide a critical awareness of how the context of organisational provision impacts on the quality of cancer services.
* Promote a critical understanding of the impact of cancer on those affected by the disease.
* Help practitioners to develop strategies to effect quality cancer care at individual and organisational levels.
* Promote recognition of the crucial role of effective communication in cancer and palliative care, and its application within the work environment.
* Continue to develop the practitioners' skills in collaborative practice and the partnership delivery of cancer care, and to consider the impact of their professional role within the organisation and wider context.
Why study this course?
This course is suitable for health and social care practitioners who would like to positively influence cancer care provision.
This unique course offers practitioners involved in support and/or service provision, direct care, research and management of those affected by cancer, the opportunity to develop their roles by exploring the relationship between context, evidence and their own practice.
The Advanced communication skills in cancer and palliative care module, also incorporates the Advanced Communications Skills Training programme accredited by the National Cancer Action Team.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511000
- +44 (0)1244 511300