All prospective students must:
- Be a qualified, registered nurse
- Have at least one year's post-qualifying full-time (or part-time equivalent) clinical nursing practice experience with verifiable evidence
- Have academic qualifications to degree level (120 credits at level 4, 5 and 6 equivalent) 2nd Class or above
- Pass a suitability interview with the University and NHS Trust where applicable
In addition to the above, international students must also:
- Meet English language programme entry criteria of an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) of 6.5 in all bands if English is not the applicants first language
- Meet the UK Border Agency requirement for all students to have the appropriate visa
Where applicable, meet all Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements for practice in the United Kingdom (including reaching an IELTS of 7.0 in all bands) in order to be able to undertake the NMC Test of Competence (previously known as the Overseas Nursing Programme - ONP)
Months of entry
This course is designed for nationally and internationally qualified nurses who wish to gain a UK Master’s degree in Professional Nursing.
This course is designed for nationally and internationally qualified nurses who wish to gain a UK Master's degree in Professional Nursing.
It aims to build on and advance your knowledge, skills and expertise to deliver, manage and develop nursing practice within the context of global healthcare.
The University of Chester prides itself on providing excellent student support. As a student at the University of Chester, you will have access to extensive resources, including 24-hour library access; student support, guidance and welfare services; study skills support; an International Centre; and English language support if required – to name but a few.
This course is designed to meet the criteria set by professional organisations and the Quality Assurance Agency. It will also prepare international students wishing to practice in the UK for the Nursing and Midwifery Council registration process for nurses who trained outside the European Economic Area.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511000