Applicants must hold a first degree (minimum 2:1 honours) in Medicine or closely related subject. Alternatively, you may hold appropriate professional qualifi cations and be able to demonstrate suitable background knowledge and skills.
Applications are invited from:
- trainee doctors and consultants
- senior NHS staff
- international students with appropriate qualifications
- international doctors or healthcare professionals
- those with related undergraduate degrees or equivalent professional qualifi cations or experience in medicolegal practice
- a qualification at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent, if English is not their first language. You will only be accepted onto the course following interview.
Months of entry
This course aims to inform and equip the practitioner with the necessary knowledge and skills to practise as an expert witness.
The Institute of Medicine was founded in 2014 and works closely with the NHS to create new medical courses at Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels, in order to push forward the boundaries of medical education and research in Cheshire and Shropshire.
A strong practical element of this course will seek to develop your report writing and courtroom skills.
If academic research is your interest, successful completion of the MSc will allow you to directly register onto PhD study and join our team of researchers at the Institute of Medicine.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511000