A 2:2 in an appropriate course with a B grade in Maths at A level or equivalent.
Months of entry
Our IT systems and devices are constantly creating data and the amount of data created and stored grows exponentially. Data, and in particular patterns and trends within data, have the ability to inform and provide valuable insights, that help us predict and diagnose specific outcomes. Whilst the amount of data grows, the science of gaining insights from this data grows with it. Industry, research institutions and government all seek to extract value from data to improve products and services, serve their customers better and run more operationally efficient organisations.
Specialists in Business Intelligence use their mathematical, computational and presentational skills to mine data from enterprise information systems and elsewhere for value and their skills are highly sort after. There is a significant shortage of skilled Business Intelligence specialists and so there are many job opportunities available.
- A mathematics graduate wishing to use your skills in a vocational business based environment
- A computer science graduate wishing to follow a vocational route
- Individuals currently working in Business and looking to grow their career through gaining Data Science and Business Analytics skills
We have developed a number of modules to make up this MSc:
- Business Intelligence Foundation
- Managing Data and Data Warehousing
- Data Exploration and Analysis
- Statistics and Operational Research
- Operations Management and Performance Improvement (option)
- Data Visualisation and Presentation (option)
- Business Decision Making (option)
- Provide an essential link between your theoretical learning and real-world challenges
- Create an environment where you decide the methods and tools best suited to the challenge based on what you have learnt
- Recreate some of the challenges facing industry today and those very similar to what you will encounter in the workplace
- Be adaptable to reflect new methods / tools and scenarios in this fast developing discipline
- Be able upon completion of the projects to reference your experience in working with such challenges
- Business Intelligence Foundation (20 Credits)
- Managing Data and Data Warehousing (20 Credits)
- Data Exploration and Analysis (20 Credits)
- Statistics and Operational Research (20 Credits)
- Operations Management and Performance Improvement (option) (20 Credits)
- Data Visualisation and Presentation (option) (20 Credits)
- Business Decision Making (option) (20 Credits)
- Dissertation/Project (60 Credits)
- We place a lot of emphasis on course work related activity.
- Opportunities to work with organisations on current commercial/business problems and projects. These experiences are used to provide the basis for assessments that enable you to apply your learning within authentic commercial situations.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 1243 816000