A 2:2 at Undergraduate level in a relevant course or equivalent.
Months of entry
There is increasing pressure for businesses and organisations to operate in a sustainable way; to utilise the Earth’s resources more efficiently, to reduce their carbon footprint, to not exploit the developing world and its peoples and recognise the value of its own employees. This is a vocationally based course that has been designed with input from businesses that are working to promote the growth and development of environmental and sustainable practices.
You will be taught by staff from within the Centre for Research in Sustainable Business. You will study a wide variety of business and environmental management topics in an interactive environment and get the opportunity to apply these around related projects some in support of local businesses. You will visit regional businesses on field trips to better understand sustainable practice in action and apply this to your own projects. From 2018, you will have access to the University’s landmark Engineering and Digital Technology Building, which is being designed to allow students to explore efficient building management.
- sustainable sourcing
- auditing and supply chains
- environmental project management
- corporate social responsibility implementation and oversight
- Health and Safety
- environmental marketing and communications
- green energy advisor
- recycling coordinator
- Introduction to Environmental Management & Sustainability (20 credits)
- Sustainability Law & Governance (20 credits)
- Sustainable Procurement & Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
- Environmental Assessment & Management (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)
- Resource Efficiency (20 credits)
- Research Project – Environmental Management (60 credits)
- We place a lot of emphasis on course work related activity.
- Opportunities to work with organisations on current commercial/business problems and projects. These experiences are used to provide the basis for assessments that enable you to apply your learning within authentic commercial situations.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details