A good Honours degree in a related discipline; non-standard entry via a procedure of recognition of prior learning is possible in suitable cases.
Months of entry
A course in Screen Acting offers you professional training in acting for a range of screen based industries. The MA provides the requisite specialist techniques and advanced performance skills which will equip students for a career in any of the major areas of the industry where moving image content production is focused: film, TV, games, adverts and trailers.
- You will engage with traditional acting classes covering a range of techniques and approaches. You will be encouraged to develop a reflective practice mentality and will explore through an analytical lens the work of established practitioners in this field.
- You will train in the art of ADR and voice over for animated characters, Motion Capture and facial capture work for the virtual performer, and finally high level combat skills covering guns, swords and a range of arms, taught by one of the country’s foremost combat and armoury experts.
- You will produce a wide range of filmed performance projects that demonstrate your array of skills. This could be a motion capture performance, a devised scene or performances from films you have been in.
- Prepares you for the critical and analytical aspects of study at Master’s level, and lays the groundwork for further potential study at Doctoral level within the Department.
- In this independent, project driven module, you will pursue your own enthusiasms and developing specialisms. This will usually take the form of a portfolio of work, a short film or a substantial written research project.
Information for international students
Learn more at the International page.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mike Holley