- You are welcome to apply if you have a degree in any Art and Design related subject, for example fine art, graphic design, fashion and textiles, product design, 3D design, new media, ceramics, or history of art (with 50% practical content).
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification is required, however strong preference will be given to applicants with 2:1 honours degrees. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course.
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values. A strong personal statement conveying an enthusiasm for the subject, for working with young people and for teaching and learning.
- A satisfactory academic (University) or a satisfactory professional reference if it is more than 5 years since academic work.
- Evidence of the potential to work at Masters level.
Months of entry
Bring your passion for Art & Design to the classroom and inspire the next generation. Art and Design remains an essential entitlement for every pupil and a vital way of fostering their visual, intellectual and social awareness and their observational, imaginative and creative making skills.
You will be supported by our committed, experienced and supportive tutors to plan, resource and deliver exciting and innovative lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities. The course offers clear opportunities to develop your subject knowledge and learn from other students from a variety of art and design backgrounds. It includes extensive training in schools, so you are really well prepared for a career in art and design teaching.
You will learn how to teach your subject effectively, enthusiastically and successfully - from the basics of structuring and planning lessons through to developing pupils’ personal skills and confidence.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre
- 0333 363 7094