- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values. A strong personal statement conveying an enthusiasm for the subject, for working with young people and for teaching and learning.
- A satisfactory academic (University) or a satisfactory professional reference if it is more than 5 years since academic work.
- Evidence of the potential to work at Masters level.
Months of entry
Do you have a passion for physical education and sport? Why not put it to good use and inspire secondary school pupils to overcome a lack of fitness and improve their physical performance in fun and creative ways?
Couple your zest for sport with our highly-rated PGCE Secondary Education in PE and become a physical education teacher. You will learn the National Curriculum framework and explore a range of aesthetic, artistic, body management and body conditioning activities, as well as a diverse range of team and individual games to develop young people’s sporting techniques.
And, our tutors will support you to plan, resource and deliver engaging lessons to all secondary pupils, regardless of their age or ability.
Plus, our course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in, so you can apply for a position as a secondary school teacher the minute you graduate.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre
- 0333 363 7094