- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in a Religious Studies related subject is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge. Where relevant we will consider other qualifications or work/voluntary experience as evidence of subject knowledge. Please ensure you detail in full any supporting qualifications and/or experience in your application for the course.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course.
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values. A strong personal statement conveying an enthusiasm for the subject, for working with young people and for teaching and learning.
- A satisfactory academic (University) or a satisfactory professional reference if it is more than 5 years since academic work.
- Evidence of the potential to work at Masters level.
Months of entry
Do you want to play a part in the personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of young people? If so, how about becoming an RE teacher?
We’ve designed our highly-rated PGCE Secondary Education in RE, so that you explore a variety of approaches to delivering quality RE and learn how to confidently devise and deliver interesting and inspiring lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities.
The course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in and students will apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course of their studies and teaching practice.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre
- 0333 363 7094