Applicants are required to hold a first or second class honours degree.
Months of entry
You’ll explore contemporary issues around district nursing and health care and spend 50% of the course putting the theory you learn into practice, improving your real world skills to practice at a higher level.
Plus, you’ll work alongside a sign-off practice teacher/mentor to achieve competency with the NMC Standards for Specialist Education and Practice.
- Accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and enables you to be registered on the NMC Nursing Register in Community District Nursing Practice
- Choose to study part-time (80 weeks) or full-time (40 weeks), giving you flexibility to fit your studies around your busy lifestyle
- Taught by tutors who have a wealth of clinical experience
- A work place mentor will support your work-based learning
- Tutor support throughout your studies
- Opportunity to work with other health professionals giving you a good insight and understanding of the roles within the NHS
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Develop leadership skills and learn to manage a team to boost your career
- Hone the essential skills that employers will require of you, including sound reflective practice and leadership
- Study in Lancaster, a vibrant university city, and you’ll be within easy reach of the Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and bustling cities of Manchester and LiverpoolOur aim is to give you a helping hand stepping up the career ladder to become a confident and competent specialist community nurse.
With an increasing shift of care from hospitals to general practice, it’s a great time to enhance your academic qualifications, enabling you to deliver care within the community as part of the primary healthcare team and progress to Team Leader status.
Our aim is to enable you upgrade your academic qualification and give you a helping hand to step up the career ladder and become a confident and competent district nurse.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre