Applicants are required to hold a first or second class honours degree.
Months of entry
You can tailor your learning to fit your career needs with our diverse range of modules covering all aspects of general practice, from public health to consultation and physical examination modules.
So, whether you aspire to work in or lead in areas, such as; respiratory, diabetes or sexual health, we’ll teach you all you need to know. Plus, you’ll improve the core competencies essential to your career, including how to improve patients’ experience during a consultation and compiling treatment plans for a range of issues.
Our course will enable you to work in General Practice Nursing, giving you the skills to progress to Team Leader status.
- Accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Eligible to be recorded on the NMC Nursing Register in Community General Practice Nursing
- Taught by tutors who have a wealth of clinical experience
- A work place mentor to support your work-based learning
- Tutor support throughout your studies
- Opportunity to work with other health professionals giving you a good insight and understanding of the roles within the NHS
- Option to study through distance learning to fit easily around your lifestyle and commitments
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Develop leadership skills and learn to manage a team to boost your career
- Hone the essential skills that employers will require of you, including sound reflective practice and leadership
- Choose to study in Lancaster, a vibrant university city, and you’ll be within easy reach of the Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and bustling cities of Manchester and Liverpool
Our aim is to prepare you to become a confident and competent specialist community nurse within general practice and give you a helping hand stepping up the career ladder.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre