In addition to a minimum of 5 GCSE at grade C or above, achieved in one sitting, which must include English language and mathematics, you will need to meet the following requirements.
You will hold:
- An existing BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant science-based subject, normally at 2i (upper class second) level. Examples of relevant subjects include sports rehabilitation, sports therapy, human biology, biomedical sciences, anatomy and physiology, etc; or
- An existing qualification in nursing, midwifery or relevant Allied Health Profession, gained through study to BSc (Hons) level.
- A recognised practitioner qualification in e.g: osteopathy or chiropractic.
In addition, you will have gained:
- Work experience or observation in one or more relevant clinical or voluntary settings. One of these would ideally be within the UK NHS, or equivalent service for international students.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Study to level 6 within the past 5 year (to the start of the programme).
- A good basic knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, which will be assessed at interview.
Months of entry
Physiotherapists are in demand in the UK, so there’s never been a better time to study to help people affected by injury, illness or disability, and improve their quality of life.
Our accelerated programme will help you become a practicing physiotherapist with only two years of study, rather than the traditional three, with the aim to see in you in employment immediately after your graduation.
Our course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and when you successfully complete the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration to practice in the UK. The programme is also accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and you can apply for student membership.
We help you build on existing academic skills gained in your BSc (Hons) science based degree, to study patient management in key areas of physiotherapy, including cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neurology - learning all the skills you will need as a qualified physiotherapist to provide effective physical, psychological and social care.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre
- 0333 363 7094