At least a 2:2 from your first degree, or the equivalent.
If your first degree is not in the Social Sciences or related subjects such as criminology, criminal justice, policing, sociology, psychology and economics, please contact the Programme Leader.
We also welcome applicants who may not have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) but who have substantial and relevant professional experience.
Months of entry
Taking a unique approach to studying investigative practices, this MSc equips you with knowledge and skills for the many fields which demand high levels of professional investigation expertise.
- Advance your investigative career in law enforcement, finance, health and safety, social services and many other sectors
- Develop the skills you need to conduct serious and complex investigations from beginning to end
- Study for a qualification which reflects the Professionalising Investigation Programme (PIP) occupational standards
- Choose specialist options in areas such as cybercrime, financial crime and organised crime to build on your knowledge of mainstream investigations
- Learn from an influential team of researchers and practitioners who draw upon more than a century of professional experience in investigation
- Study full-time or part-time to suit your personal circumstances.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you will need to evidence a proficiency in English (IELTS 6.5).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591167