- An honours degree (at least 2.2) or equivalent qualifications / experience in a computing discipline - If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate proficiency in English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
Months of entry
The world of information technology is advancing at a remarkable pace, with emerging technologies and developments with smartphones, personal navigation systems and widespread access to broadband Internet. It means there are exciting career opportunities ahead for professionals who can harness IT in new ways to create tangible, business advantage.
Our far-reaching MSc Information Technology prepares you to tackle work-based challenges using IT practically and intelligently. By the end of this programme, you will be able to analyse, synthesise and evaluate both the human and technology factors that are required to apply IT in industry successfully.
This course is made up of three stages - Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Master of Science.
For the Postgraduate Certificate, you will study three modules. For the Postgraduate Diploma, you will need to study all six modules available. The modules you study at each stage will depend on your start date.
You will encounter a wide range of topics including:
- Studying at Masters Level and Research Methods
- Database Development
- IT project management
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Business Analytics with SAS
- Web Technologies
You will need to study all six modules available plus a triple module to qualify, such as:
On completion of three modules you will achieve the Postgraduate Certificate. On completion of six modules you will achieve the Postgraduate Diploma. On completion of the final Independent Scholarship you will be awarded your MSc.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Engineering and Technology
- +44 (0)1332 590500