- An honours degree (at least 2.2) or equivalent qualifications / experience in a computing discipline - If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate proficiency in English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
MSc, PG Cert, PG Dip.
Months of entry
Information technology is at the heart of modern day business enterprises. Emerging technologies and developments with smartphones, personal navigation systems and widespread access to broadband internet, are making demands for IT professionals who can recognise opportunities to utilise IT in new ways to create business advantage.
The MSc Information Technology prepares you to tackle work-based challenges and use IT practically and intelligently. Our modern facilities create a great environment to learn and experiment, and you will be guided by our expert staff to find solutions to existing and emerging issues in the industry.
We use our links with local, national and multi-national organisations to shape the programme of learning to suit what they will demand from you as an employee. You will also be encouraged to tailor the programme to fit you - there may be a specific expertise that you want to develop.
You will encounter a wide range of topics including:
- advanced databases
- web application design and modelling
- IT project management
- enterprise security management
- ethical, moral and social issues
- information technology governance and compliance
- advanced network routing
- mobile and wireless networking
- advanced concepts in secure systems.
Towards the end of the programme you will develop a substantive project to demonstrate your advanced professional status. You will be supported with a personal supervisor, who will help you manage your project to successful completion. This project may be work-based if you are a part time student, or you may choose to exploit this opportunity to enhance and develop your career prospects.
This course is made up of three stages - Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and MSc.
On completion of three modules you will achieve the Postgraduate Certificate. On completion of six modules you will achieve the Postgraduate Diploma. On completion of the final Independent Scholarship you will be awarded your MSc.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Engineering and Technology
- +44 (0)1332 593302