You'll usually need a postgraduate or an equivalent qualification in a psychological health related profession such as mental health nursing, clinical psychology, therapeutic counselling. You will need to be accredited (or working towards) as a therapist. You will need to have access to clients to be able to provide one-to-one or group compassion focused therapy. You need to be It literate as this is a blended learning course, and involves a great deal of work online.
Months of entry
Studying a Postgraduate Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy will:
- Provide the opportunity for you to develop a critical and in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT).
- Give you the opportunity to gain integral knowledge of the assessment and formulation and interventions in CFT.
- Enhance your skills through intensive clinical supervision that examines clinical practice to ensure transfer of knowledge into the clinical setting.
- Give you the opportunity to receive expert training throughout the course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Health and Social Care
- +44 (0)1332 591703