It is anticipated that students applying for the Postgraduate Certificate in Osteoporosis & Falls Management will normally hold a professional qualification (degree or equivalent) in an area of healthcare delivery. Such is the multi-professional nature of the subject area other qualifications or experience, which demonstrates that an applicant possesses appropriate knowledge and skills at an equivalent standard, may also be acceptable.
Months of entry
- You will study this course through distance learning meaning you can study from your home, allowing you to stimulate the development of your own learning
- You can choose specific modules that interest you, so you can be sure that you'll learn exactly what you're passionate about
- This course will contribute to your continuing professional development as you'll enhance your knowledge in osteoporosis and falls management
- You will develop and improve your practice throughout the course as you become involved in higher level decision making and problem solving.
This course is awarded as part of our MSc Advanced Practice course. This means you may either complete your studies at the Postgraduate Certificate level in Osteoporosis and Falls Management or continue your studies to masters level and gain either the Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Advanced Practice.
If you are a practitioner working in osteoporosis, falls or fracture management and want to build on your existing level of health and social care, then you can gain an award related to your clinical practice. You will be encouraged to critically evaluate your work-based environment and consider a broad range of issues relating to the management of patients. This will help to enhance your clinical practice.
You will complete three modules, including two core modules and one module of your choice. This allows you to specialise in your interests meaning you can develop in an area that you're passionate about. Your optional module can even be taken from the MSc Advanced Practice to broaden your knowledge base.
After completing the course, you'll be able to apply the theoretical underpinning you'll have learnt to your clinical practice, which will help to benefit not only yourself but your colleagues and patients.
We’re proud to say that our courses are closely mapped against the health and social care sector. This ensures that our curriculum is up-to-date, providing you with the assurance that your learning is current and relevant. This does mean that we do have to respond to national changes such as government policy.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time18 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591167