- A minimum 2:1 honours degree or international equivalent.
- GSCE grade C or above in English and maths or certificated equivalences, regardless of previous educational qualifications.
- Completion of a written test, regardless of previous qualification or educational background.
- To meet communicating and comprehension skills to International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) at level 7.
- To undergo a health check and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The health check determines your fitness for practice.
- Confirm prior to interview/offer decision making that you can use basic IT facilities, including word processing, internet browsing and use of email.
- Demonstrate awareness of social context for social work practice, awareness of self, ability to develop rapport and potential to develop relevant knowledge, skills and values through professional training
*Accreditation of prior learning will not be considered for this course
Months of entry
Upon successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge, skills and practical experience required to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council to be registered as a qualified social worker.
Through course you can:
- Gain experience in work placements where you can put theory into practice.
- Study a course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Apply for a bursary from the Department of Health and you may be eligible for funding towards your tuition fees and work placement travel expenses.
Information for international students
Please see the international page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Deborah Bardouille
- +44(0)1332 594149