You will need: A recognised UK qualifying law degree or the CPE/Graduate Diploma in Law (unless you have an exemption). In addition, International Students require IELTS of 6.5, with minimum 5.5 in all areas.
Months of entry
The Derby Legal Practice Course (LPC) prepares you to take that next step towards a successful legal career. It is delivered in partnership with the University of West of England, widely regarded as one of the leading providers of professional legal education in the UK.
- Situated right at the heart of the country, Derby is the UK's most central city and very easy to travel to
- Highly competitive fees - which make our course one of the most affordable of its kind in the country and if you’re a Derby graduate you will qualify for a 10% discount
- Flexibility - only 2 days attendance per week full-time or 1 day per week part-time and flexibility over when you sit your assessments, enabling you to meet other commitments
- Excellent pastoral care, careers advice and opportunities - increase your chances of gaining a training contract via our professional mentoring scheme and our influential network of contacts within the legal profession
- High quality of teaching - learn from a high calibre, enthusiastic teaching team made up of experienced local solicitors
- Professional facilities including court rooms and interview suites, enabling you to improve your vocational skills and make the transition from graduate to lawyer.
Fees and funding
Please see our website for the latest information regarding fees.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
- 01332 591896