Applicants from Psychology backgrounds will usually be required to have at least a 2:1 Honours degree in Psychology, which is recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and have Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the BPS. A 2:2 honours degree in Psychology may be accepted if the applicant has relevant work experience or can demonstrate an ability to study at Level 7 through the completion of other post-graduate study. Applicants with a Joint Honours degree in Psychology or with an undergraduate degree that contains at least 60 credits of Psychology may also be considered.
Applicants from Non-Psychology backgrounds will be required to have a 2:1 or above honours degree in an area allied to Psychology or an equivalent qualification. In addition, those applicants with non-GBC qualifications, with lower academic qualifications (e.g. a 2:2 classification) and experience, or those with Non-Psychology qualifications in an area allied to Psychology entry will normally be invited to an interview with the programme leader, or nominated representative, to establish suitability for and commitment to the programme. For overseas students this will be conducted over the telephone or by Skype if possible.
Months of entry
Practical, inspirational and challenging, this MSc will open up exciting new directions for your career and research pursuits as a psychologist.
- Gain an up-to-date, in-depth understanding of the dynamic discipline of developmental psychology
- Learn how developmental psychology theory and research can be harnessed in education, child care and many other employment settings
- Apply theory to practice through live demonstrations, practical workshops and placement opportunities
- Be inspired by our expert teaching team whose influential research underpins the course and brings a new dimension to your learning
- Conduct experiments in our specialist facilities, including a video observation suite, EEG, eye tracking equipment and a psychology test bank
- Build skills and knowledge which are invaluable in many careers from health and social care to education
- Take your ambition to the next level: this course is an ideal platform for PhD study or further training in developmental, educational or clinical psychology
Information for international students
International students should hold a 2:1 or above or an international equivalent. If English is not your first language, you will need to hold IELTS 6.5 or above.
Fees and funding
Please see our website for the latest information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591167