You will need a British Psychological Society (BPS) recognised undergraduate degree (minimum 2.1) in Psychology (or equivalent) that confers Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the Society.
Those whose qualification does not confer GBC may also apply and an undergraduate degree (minimum 2.1) is similarly required. However, to be eligible for Chartered Membership (CPsychol) of the Society and full membership of the Division of Forensic Psychology (DFP), the GBC is a requirement.
Applicants whose undergraduate degree is a 2.2 should contact the Programme Leader.
You are required to provide one academic and one vocational reference.
Final selection may be subject to an interview with members of the course team.
Months of entry
Our exciting new MSc Forensic and Criminal Psychology degree will equip you with the specialist knowledge and skills you need to advance your career as a forensic and criminal psychologist.
- Take the next step in your academic and professional career: this course is ideal if you are a psychology graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society
- Choose a programme which offers a compelling blend of academic studies, research and practical experience
- Learn from a teaching team made up of forensic practitioners and academics with considerable experience of working with offenders and victims in a range of forensic contexts
- Benefit from a supportive and dynamic research environment where you will have the chance to pursue your own professional interests
- Gain vital practical insights, including potential opportunities for real life experience within a related field
- Broaden your professional options: this qualification is valuable for careers in a range of settings including prisons, secure units, hospitals, mental health services, police, probation services, courts, community organisations, charities and social enterprises
- Build an excellent platform if you want to progress to PhD research.
*This course is subject to approval
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will also need IELTS 6.5.
We also have a number of funding opportunities for all international students. Learn more at the international page.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Karin Spenser