Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You must hold a degree of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification. An ordinary degree is acceptable. A first degree comprises 300 HE credit points of which 60 must be at a level 6 of the QCF.
All trainees must have GCSE Maths, English, and Science at grade C or above at the start of the pathway.
Months of entry
If you would like to work with babies and children up to the age of five, our postgraduate certificate paves the way to a fulfilling career as an early years teacher.
- Become a specialist in early childhood development and have a lasting, positive influence on children’s wellbeing
- Gain Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) at a time when demand for high-calibre early years professionals has never been stronger
- Prepare for a rewarding career in nurseries, pre-schools, children’s centres and a whole range of other settings
- Apply theory to practice on challenging and exciting placements
- Choose a study pathway to suit your needs: we offer both full and part-time routes to achieve EYTS
- Learn from a dynamic teaching team with an excellent reputation for the quality of their training and the impact of their research
- Our PG Certificate in Early Years with Early Years Teacher Status is a fully funded programme with the opportunity to access bursary support on a full-time pathway.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591167