You should have, or expect to have, a 2.2 BSc (honours) or above, or a suitable alternative qualification, in a relevant mathematical discipline. Please check our website for English language requirements.
Months of entry
The focus of this course is using mathematics to solve biological and biomedical problems. Graduates from his course are well placed to make significant contributions to the rapidly expanding healthcare sector and major societal challenges including global sustainability.
The MSc Programme is timetabled for full-time study over 12 months:
- Mathematical Methods (15 credits);
- Computational Modelling, Programming (10 credits);
- Research Methodology (10 credits);
- Communication Skills (10 credits).
- Mathematical Oncology (15 credits);
- Mathematical Ecology & Epidemiology (15 credits);
- Mathematical Physiology (15 credits).
Plus a Personal Research Project under the supervision of a member of staff in one of the Mathematical Biology or Computational Mathematics Research Groups.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Dumitru Trucu
- +44 (0)1382 384462