You should have, or expect to have, a BSc or BEng degree at 2:2 or above (or a suitable equivalent) in a relevant engineering, physical science or medical degree. Applicants with a product or industrial design qualification may also be considered depending on engineering content of their degree qualification.
Months of entry
The MSc Medical Imaging programme is intended to provide a Masters-level postgraduate education in the knowledge, skills and understanding of engineering design of advanced medical and biotechnology products and systems. You will also acquire a working knowledge of the clinical environment to influence your design philosophy.
With biotechnology replacing many of the traditional engineering disciplines within the UK, this programme will allow you to develop the skills to apply your engineering or scientific knowledge to technologies that further the developments in this field. As a result, employment opportunities will be excellent for graduates, both in research and in industry.
We have an active research group, and you will be taught by leading researchers in the field.
The MSc in Medical Imaging at the University of Dundee will:
- provide knowledge, skills and understanding of medical imaging technologies, particularly in modern biomedical, radiological and surgical imaging instrumentation, biomaterials, biomechanics and tissue engineering
- enhance your analytical and critical abilities, competence in multi-disciplinary research & development
- provide broad practical training in biology and biomolecular sciences sufficient for you to understand the biomedical nomenclature and to have an appreciation of the relevance and potential clinical impact of the research projects on offer
- allow you to experience the unique environment of clinical and surgical aspects in medical imaging in order to provide an understanding of the engineering challenges for advanced practice
- provide core training in electrical, microwave, magnetic, acoustic and optical techniques relevant to the life sciences interface and provide broad experience of analytical and imaging techniques relevant for biology, biomolecular and clinical sciences
- provide core training in acoustic ultrasound technologies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Zhihong Huang
- +44 (0)1382 385477