Good first degree, preferably the equivalent of a UK 2:2 degree, in accounting, finance or related business discipline which contained elements of accounting and/or finance.
Months of entry
If you’re looking to build on the foundation of your accounting or finance degree this is an ideal choice. This University of Dundee course will help you understand practical accounting and finance disciplines in a global context. It’s also an excellent starting point if you want to progress your academic career.
In particular it is designed so you can:
- Critically evaluate research in accounting and finance
- Appreciate the links between different aspects of accounting and finance, e.g. financial accounting and reporting, financial management, management accounting and corporate governance
- Understand key social science research methods
- Apply a range of research methods to examine a specialist area of accounting and finance
- Communicate complex and specialised issues clearly and concisely
- Work intensively on a research-based dissertation.
Throughout your studies, we want you to understand the power and limitations of accountancy and financial techniques and how they can help society to function. You’ll be examining the way in which large corporations use their funds to generate income and wealth in an increasingly globalised accounting and reporting environment.
The course emphasises the role played by capital markets both in the UK and overseas in this wealth creation process and highlights their importance in the global economy.
Dundee is among the fastest risers in the 2017 Guardian University Rankings and has also been rated the best in Scotland by some of the most influential higher education surveys.
We welcome students from the UK and elsewhere to our stimulating, supportive, friendly and well-organised campus. This commitment was recognised by our rating of ‘Excellent’ by the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council. All accountancy staff, including professors, are active as teachers and researchers. You’ll be learning from a team who routinely push back the boundaries of knowledge in their subject area.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Suzanne Fifield
- +44 (0)1382 385148