Applicants should have: a good 4-year degree, equivalent to a UK honours degree, preferably at upper 2nd class level or above. Candidates holding the equivalent of a good 2nd class lower degree may also apply. Degree certificates and academic transcripts must be provided; Preferred degree disciplines are Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum or Mining Engineering, Finance. Work experience in the energy/natural resources industry is an advantage, though it is not a strict requirement for admission to the MSc.
Months of entry
This programme is designed for graduates with a good first degree, who aspire to work in the Energy sector and who have a particular interest in Oil & Gas or related sectors.
All modules are heavily contextualised and draw on the wide global network of expert staff in delivering a cutting edge programme of the highest quality and relevance to students.
All modules will be delivered on the campus of the University of Dundee in face-to-face mode. Self-study makes up a considerable proportion of the student's learning experience. Formal and informal group work occurs in some modules.
- Natural Resources Sectors: A Multidisciplinary Introduction
- Dissertation or Internship
Core Compulsory Modules:
- Energy Economics: the Tools
- Energy Economics: the Issues
- Quantitative Methods for Energy Economists
Core Specialist Modules:
- Financial and Project Analysis of Natural Resources and Energy Ventures
- Commodity Trading and Strategic Asset Optimisation in the Energy Industry
- Legal Framework for International Project Finance
- Risk Analysis for Energy and Mining Investment Decision Making
Candidates are advised to choose additional modules from what is available on the academic timetable subject to any restrictions that may apply.
Information for international students
Our alumni can be found in international and national oil companies, mining companies, financial organisations, government departments and agencies, non-governmental and international organisations, research and academic institutes, international law firms, consultancies with interest in the energy and natural resource sectors all over the world.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Xiaoyi Mu
- +44 (0)1382 384843