You should have either a medical or dental degree, or an upper second class degree or above in another health care subject, including nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, with at least 2 years post-qualifying experience, or a minimum of 5 years' practice in a healthcare profession plus two references from colleagues or employers who believe that you are suitable for enrolment to the programme PLUS basic IT Skills (web browsing, word documents and familiarity with PowerPoint).
Months of entry
Whether you are interested in learning more about the legal and ethical aspects of your job, recognise the impact a qualification with a legal and ethical basis can have on prospects of promotion, or simply have an interest in healthcare law, this course is for you.
The course aims to give you an understanding and appreciation of law and ethics as they apply to professional practice. It will help you understand legal and ethical concepts, terminology and sources of law.
The course allows you to study at a time and place of your own choosing and at a pace that is comfortable for you and most of our graduates have completed their studies while working full-time as healthcare professionals.
- Designed for busy healthcare professionals
- Designed specifically for those whose first degree is in a healthcare subject and not law
- Applications encouraged from those who have studied medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry etc
- Programme also open to those without a first degree but with relevant work experience which includes NHS Managers
- Can be completed entirely in your home country, travel to Dundee is not essential
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Alice Belcher
- +44 (0)1382 384607