- Degree subject: MBBS or overseas equivalent
- Degree classification: Pass, merit or equivalent
- Special entry requirements: ST 5 or above, Associate Specialist (2 years in breast surgery), GMC registered and MRCS or equivalent.
Months of entry
The number of breast cancer cases in the UK is increasing. Norwich Medical School, with support from the Royal College of Surgeons (England), Association of Breast Surgery (ABS), British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), developed this unique course for surgeons looking to progress in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. Following its inception in 2011, UEA’s innovative approach won a gold e-learning award, stimulating development of new super-specialist courses that adopt the same educational formula; the latest of which are offered internationally.
Designed to mesh with the working lives of clinical practitioners, six modules cover benign breast disease, malignant breast disease, oncoplastic breast conservation, oncoplastic breast reconstruction, research and service evaluation, and management and service improvement. The focus is on consultant-level critical thinking and decision-making for surgeons as they gain on-the-job experience.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1603 591515