For entry on to the MPhil or PhD programme, we would normally expect an applicant to hold a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent, and a good Masters degree or equivalent, in a relevant subject. For entry on to the MA by Research programme, we would normally expect an applicant to hold a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The current research themes for supervision in economics are:
- Behavioural determinants of terrorism.
- Coalition formation and collective decision-making within business and finance networks.
- Environmental policy and firm performance.
- Information processing and procedural models of decision-making in strategic environments.
- Origins and consequences of conflict.
- Social norms in large, modern societies.
- Team incentives and organisational behaviour.
- Understanding the effects of global value chains on employment and growth.
Information for international students
English entry requirements are: IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all components) or equivalent qualification.
Fees and funding
Studentships may be available for exceptional candidates. Please see https://www.uea.ac.uk/economics/research-degrees/fees-and-scholarships for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Research Service
- +44 (0) 1603 591709