For entry on to the MPhil or PhD programme, we would normally expect an applicant to hold a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent, and a good Masters degree or equivalent, in a relevant subject. For entry on to the MA by Research programme, we would normally expect an applicant to hold a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The School of Economics at UEA has a reputation as a centre of research excellence and our research has been published in most of the world’s leading economics journals. We are ranked eighth among economics departments for research outputs (Times Higher Education REF2014). Our research-inspired approach to teaching means our students benefit from the world-class research undertaken by our academic staff. 92% of the School’s research is scored as either world-leading or internationally excellent, compared with an average score of 77% across all other economics departments.
Research in the School of Economics is organised into five groups:
– The Behavioural Economics Group’s strengths are in measurement of preferences and valuations, supporting current interests in policy-making circles, both in the UK and internationally, to incorporate insights of behavioural and experimental economics into policy design
– The Industrial Economics Group is closely aligned with the Centre for Competition Policy, working to develop significant policy and practitioner impact
– The Applied and Financial Economics Group brings together a diverse range of researchers in developing cross-disciplinary economic research with international impact
– The Economics of Conflict Group investigates the causes, modes, and consequences of conflict at levels from individuals up to societies, using a blend of empirical, theoretical, and experimental techniques
– The Economic Theory Group joins together researchers who use rigorous theoretical analysis to make significant contributions in all areas of economics.
Information for international students
English entry requirements are: IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all components) or equivalent qualification.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Research Service
- +44 (0) 1603 591709