Degree Subject All subjects* (excluding UK degrees in a business-related subject, for which our Academic & Professional Courses are more suitable). *Degrees in dance, drama, music, sport, art, and art and design will be considered on a case by case basis and are reviewed closely for their academic content.
Degree Classification Good 2.2 or equivalent.
Months of entry
Designed to meet the needs of non-business graduates who want to explore the possibilities of a career in finance and management, the MSc Finance and Management is an intensive, twelve-month programme that will provide students with an excellent foundation in the fundamentals of accounting and finance. The taught modules will clarify the roles of accounting, finance and other general management disciplines in a range of business settings, including financial, non-financial and public sector organisations. Importantly, the course builds on, and benefits directly from the Business School's existing relationship with Norwich's Financial District, one of the largest in the UK.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of finance, and the operation of financial markets and provision of financial services.
- Critically assess the relationship between organisations and their external context and management processes.
- Review and creatively apply the body of knowledge relating to organisations, their external context and their management process.
- Make informed judgements on the appropriate application of theory to managerial practice in relation to organisations, their external context and their management process.
- Evaluate and recommend options for the improvement of managerial practice in relation to organisations, their external context and their management process.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence required to become a more effective manager by learning to integrate and align organisational processes, systems and people to meet critical business challenges and goals.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 1603 591515