Applicants should have a degree at 2:2 or equivalent in any subject.
For more information please see our website.
Months of entry
Our part time Educational Practice and Research MA is designed for school teachers, further and higher education lecturers, and other practitioners currently working in an educational environment in the UK. It’s the ideal course if you’re looking to extend your professional development by studying for a Master’s level degree.
At UEA, you’ll discover a stimulating and challenging environment in which you can discuss and analyse classroom practice through a broad range of optional modules. You’ll benefit from a supportive learning community thanks to our diverse range of teaching and assessment methods, and our flexible learning options.
You will also have the chance to carry out research in an area that interests you, personally and professionally. This is your chance to explore and add to the latest thinking in your field, as well as cultivating greater understanding and innovation in your own teaching practice.
Highlights of the course:
- Flexible, personalised part-time study, to complement your professional work commitments.
- January start date, avoiding the beginning of the academic year.
- A broad range of module options delivered in the evening and/or at weekends.
- An annual MA conference, to meet and listen to eminent guest speakers from within the field of education, and hear about research topics currently being pursued by participants in their dissertations.
- Accreditation of prior learning (APL) for any Master’s-level credits you’ve acquired through previous study.
- Fast-track study routes available.
- Discounted fees for UEA Alumni.
- Scholarships available for students working in eligible schools. Find out more and how to apply for this scholarship.
- If you have not previously studied at Master’s level, you may be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan.
Information for international students
For more information for international students, please go to UEA’s website.
Fees and funding
Find out more about UEA’s fees and funding options.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1603 591515