For entry on to the MPhil or PhD programmes, we would normally expect an applicant to hold a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, and a good Masters degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
We have a vibrant research culture, and PhD students are an essential part of our research activity. You will fully participate in one or more of the School’s Cognition and Perception, Developmental Science, and Social Cognition Groups, where staff and postgraduates regularly meet to discuss their research interests.
Psychologists within the School have expertise across most areas of psychology, including cognitive and social neuroscience, developmental psychology, social psychology and cognition and language.
Recent PhD research topics include:
– Cognitive and behavioural consequences of joint attention
– The effects of language comprehension on visual prediction and spatial memory
– How early childhood experiences affect hippocampal development
– How positive and negative intergroup contact affects self-perception and behaviour
– The neural correlates of successful memory encoding over time.
Information for international students
English entry requirements are: IELTS 7.0 (minimum 6.5 in all components) or equivalent qualification.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Research Service
- +44 (0) 1603 591 709