Application is through the Graduate Teacher Training Registry (GTTR). You will need to demonstrate able to read and communicate clearly and accurately in English; possess the appropriate qualities and values expected of a teacher; intellectual and academic capabilities needed to meet the Teachers' Standards; have achieved a standard equivalent to Grade C in the GCSE examinations in English, science and mathematics; 2.2 honours degree or above, from a United Kingdom Higher Education Institution
Months of entry
The Primary PGCE with English is designed to support trainees in developing the skills, values, knowledge and understanding required to meet the Teachers? Standards. The programme will do this in the context of east London schools where it is paramount that teachers have the ability to support learning in a multicultural, multilingual urban environment. The Primary PGCE with English aims to equip trainees with additional expertise in supporting learning and teaching in English and with the confidence and competence to take on a leadership role in this field in the future.
In order to fulfil these aims you will:
- develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of what it means to be a professional in school;
- engage in practical and theoretical enquiry as a key element in your development as a teacher;
- reflect on and take responsibility for your own professional development;
- have the necessary experiences to meet the Teachers? Standards;
- acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to develop additional expertise in supporting learning and teaching in English;
- be able to respond proactively and positively to change and thus enabled to make informed contributions to education;
- develop your ability to read and write critically at Masters Level.
Fees and funding
Full programme fees: £9000 for UK / EU students
Home and EU ITT students may also be eligible for a bursary from the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL).
The bursary level and award is dependent on the subject in which a trainee wishes to teach and the outcome of their most relevant qualification, not the subject of their academic qualification.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Applicant Enquiries
- +44 (0) 208 223 3333
- +44 (0) 208 223 2978