Application is through the Graduate Teacher Training Registry (GTTR). You will need to demonstrate through the GTTR form and at interview that you:? can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in English;? have the intellectual and academic capabilities needed to meet the Teachers? Standards;? have achieved a standard equivalent to Grade C in the GCSE examinations in English, science and mathematics;? hold an honours degree, 2.2 or above, from a United Kingdom Higher Education Institution or an equivalent qualification;*Please see website for detailed requirements*
Months of entry
The Primary PGCE with EAL is designed to support trainees in developing the skills, values, knowledge and understanding required to meet the Teachers? Standards. The programme will do this in the context of east London schools where it is paramount that teachers have the ability to support learning in a multicultural, multilingual urban environment. The Primary PGCE with EAL aims to equip trainees with additional expertise in supporting pupils with EAL and with the confidence and competence to take on a leadership role in this field in the future.
In order to fulfil these aims you will:
- develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of what it means to be a professional in school;
- engage in practical and theoretical enquiry as a key element in your development as a teacher;
- reflect on and take responsibility for your own professional development;
- have the necessary experiences to meet the Teachers? Standards;
- acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to develop additional expertise in supporting pupils with EAL;
- be able to respond proactively and positively to change and thus enabled to make informed contributions to education;
- develop your ability to read and write critically at Masters Level.
Primary PGCE at UEL
The Primary PGCE with EAL is a partnership programme, written and developed in collaboration with schools. Much of your time will be spent in schools, observing learning and teaching, exploring the interface between theory and practice and working with pupils in a range of classroom settings. You will be an active participant in a diverse community of students. Inclusion, personalisation, and pupil voice are some of the key themes and values underpinning the programme. You will engage with research at Masters level.
Fees and funding
Full programme fees: £9000 for UK / Eu students
Home and EU ITT students may also be eligible for a bursary from the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL).
The bursary level and award is dependent on the subject in which a trainee wishes to teach and the outcome of their most relevant qualification, not the subject of their academic qualification.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Applicant Enquiries
- +44 (0) 208 223 3333
- +44 (0) 208 223 2978