A UK Honours Degree (2:2 minimum) or equivalent overseas degree recognised by UEL plus two years relevant managerial or HR Work Experience. Degree-equivalent professional qualification e.g. CPP and two years managerial or HR work experience Students meeting the above criteria in their application forms will be interviewed by the Programme Leader prior to a formal offer being made.
Months of entry
The programme is designed to equip and develop essential skills required for a successful career in Human Resource Management (HRM). Whether you are just embarking on a career in Human Resources (HR) or are seeking to move into a managerial or strategic HR role the knowledge and skills you acquire will help you to meet your career goals. By offering a complementary blend of theory and practice you will join a highly interactive programme, which emphasises student participation and your professional development.
Designed to reflect the new professional standards identified in the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) Profession Map successful completion of the MA in HRM will lead to Graduate CIPD status. In addition to the full Masters programme there is the option for students to exit the programme on completion of four core taught modules and the Management Research Report. Theses students will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in HRM with CIPD accreditation.
The MA Human Resource Management will offer the opportunity to:
- Gain Graduate status of the CIPD, which with relevant work experience can lead to Chartered Membership
- Focus on the development of your HR practitioner skills and behaviours through dedicated skill workshops
- Develop an evidence based management and leadership approach to work issues and challenges
- Share and develop team working skills with experienced HR professionals and management specialists from a range of organisations
- Enhance your ability to analyse business problems and propose potential solutions.
Information for international students
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then an IELTS score of 7.0 (with no component score less than 6.5). International qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Applicant Enquiries
- +44 (0) 208 223 3333
- +44 (0) 208 223 2978